- This Ontario town will soon accept Bitcoin for property tax (I hope we get some totals for how many people went with the btc option)
- Today, WarCraft 1 & 2 get their first-ever digital launch—and it’s on GOG (Can’t say I played WarCraft II much, but the first one took a fair amount of younger years)
- Emergency declared in NY over measles, unvaccinated barred from public spaces (I really don’t know what to thing about this stuff)
- ‘Thick accumulation of rodent excrement’: Inspectors find filth after chowder rat video (You really don’t expect this kinda stuff can go on in this day and age with all the rules and regulations.. But I guess it can.. Gross!)
- Sony stops selling digital game codes at physical retailers (Sold my PS4 when Monster Hunter World came to PC. I prefer Steam. With all the streaming services, digital stores and stuff we will be back to having to pay to much for stuff we don’t need to get the one thing we want. Funny all this was suppose to fix the big cable companies not offering A la carte.)
- Family who helped Edward Snowden arrives in Canada (Glad they are safe for now. Sad this all happened in 2013 and it does not feel like we changed anything because of this.)
- They didn’t buy the DLC: feature that could’ve prevented 737 crashes was sold as an option (Truly sad it took crashes for this to come to light. Lets just say anything other than seats or eating trays should not be an optional upgrade.)
- The case for denying mass killers fame in order to fight the deadly ‘contagion effect’ (Another one of those things I don’t really know where I stand. I can see the point, but worry this would have the opposite effect. It could also start a slippery slope of governments blocking more than they should from the public.)
I think I might try to start doing a little ‘Link Round Up’. It will just be a list of links. Mostly News, Tech, or Gaming that I think are interesting or worth sharing. Maybe add a comment to them, but keep it pretty light over all.
For now I am going to say it will be a weekly thing (Lets hope I remember).
Let us begin..
- Travis McRae: Sue Me Over EBook Site, I Want the BS Over & Done With (I can see his point… Its still not advisable to keep poking a Sleeping Giant Tokyo City Destroying Monster.)
- Brampton man departs to collect remains of 6 family members killed in Ethiopia plane crash
- Ontario to ban cellphones in classrooms next school year (“Cellphones will be banned in Ontario classrooms during instructional time, starting in September.” I really thought this was already a thing.. I am sort of scared how our school system runs currently from that comment.)
- calc.exe is now open source; there’s surprising depth in its ancient code (I really don’t know how to feel about MS. With the GitHub thing, Doing the Open Source thing for older products, Free Visual Studio, and moving edge to use the Chromium Engine. They seem to be trying to do right more.)
[contentcards url=”https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qvxv4x/how-to-delete-facebook-data” target=”_blank”]